- About Us
- Well Fed
- Get Involved
- Are You In Need?
- Contact us
The legal bit
Keeping Information Safe
At The Well we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you would not reasonably expect.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- what personal information we collect
- when it is collected
- who collects it
- why we collect it
- how we will use that information
- with whom we share your information
- how long we keep your information
- your choices regarding the information we hold about you
This policy is written in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679)
Who We are
The Well is a Christian based organisation providing practical support, (currently through the supply and delivery of emergency food/toiletry parcels) to those in financial difficulties across the City of Wolverhampton and nearby areas.
The Well is the trading name of Wolverhampton Foodbank Ltd.,
a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales (No:7962969)
and a Registered Charity, (No:1149434)
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office Reg. No. Z2544184
The personal information (‘data’) we collect
- seek support from us via a referral agency or direct we collect: your name, address, contact number, number of people in your household, ages and gender of your children(under 16 years),delivery address (if different to your home address). We aim to cater for dietary needs when stock allows, which means we may collect ‘special category’ specific health or religious information about you if you provide this (eg: gluten free, Halal)
- register with us as a referral agency/make a referral to us we collect: your agency contact details/the name and work contact details of the person making the referral
- donate finance/food/toiletries/other items / to us direct (ie:not via another organisation) we collect any personal information you choose to share with us, for example, your name, address, email contact, phone number, bank account details
- join our Volunteer Team we collect personal information relevant to you working with us, including name, contact details, emergency contact, health needs, criminal convictions(unspent), motoring convictions(delivery team), referee contact details. When you volunteer for a day as part of a group(eg:schools/businesses/community groups) we do not collect personal information other than your name. When you volunteer on a short-term placement(eg:DofE) we collect minimal personal information, including name, emergency contact details, health needs that may impact your placement.
When do we collect your personal information?
In addition to the situations outlined above, we may also collect information when you contact us:
- by email, text, phone or letter, or in person
- via social media or our website thewellwolverhampton.org.uk
- via a family member/friend who contacts us on your behalf
- directly or upon recommendation to provide services or goods
Who collects your information
Employees and volunteer team members collect information in line with their designated roles and responsibilities. All team members sign a Confidentiality Agreement and work within The Well’s Privacy and Data Protection Guidance.
Why we collect your information
- to provide the products or services you have requested from The Well
- to answer your enquiries
- to process donations and claim gift aid
- to thank you for a donation
- to keep you informed by email and/or social media about The Well’s activities
- to help us to improve what we do and offer
- to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you
- To respond/process your interest in a volunteering vacancy
How we keep and process your information
The security of your information is very important to us. We ensure that there are appropriate controls and procedures in place to protect your personal details. Paper files are stored in locked cabinets, and our computer systems are password protected.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information we hold to ensure your details are only accessible to appropriately trained and authorised team members.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information with others without your consent, unless it is to
- comply with any legal obligation (such as safeguarding, fraud or police investigations), or
- to enforce or apply any contract with you or others, or
- to protect our rights, property or safety of our employees or others
We do not sell or share your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We do not share your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without adequate safeguards.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information
- only as long as necessary to carry out the activity relevant to your interaction with us
( a copy of our Retention Schedule detailing specifics eg: employee/volunteer/recipient/donor records can be supplied upon request in writing to the address below)
- only when we have your consent to do so (when the lawful basis requires your consent)
- until you ask us to remove and destroy it
Your choices regarding the information we hold about you
You may tell us to remove any of your information we hold at any time. This may impact our ability to provide a service to you(ie: food parcel) or for you to be involved in the work of The Well(ie: volunteer)
We do not use any cookies on our website
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. The latest version will be available on our website and in paper format upon request.
Here are our contact details should you wish to:
- Request to see the data we hold about you
- Update or delete the data we hold about you
- Have a question about this Privacy Notice
- Make a complaint, comment or compliment
- Speak to us about any other matter relating to personal data
Wulfrun Trading Estate
Tel: 01902 256523
Or via our website contact page www.thewellwolverhampton.co.uk/contact-us/
Keeping People Safe
We are registered with Wolverhampton Council’s Food and Environmental Safety Department.
We are registered with the Children’s Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS)