- About Us
- Well Fed
- Get Involved
- Are You In Need?
- Contact us
Celebrating 10 Years of Provision!
On November 15, 2016
On 9th November, we held an event to mark The Well’s 10th Anniversary. It was a very special occasion, reflecting the incredible growth that God has brought to the project since it began in 2006.
We were joined by representatives of some of the referral agencies who partner with us, and whom we have come to deeply respect for their commitment, hard work and compassion towards the most vulnerable in our communities.
Along with these were those representing the many Churches, Schools, Businesses, other community projects and individuals who make up our incredible community of supporters.
Last, but absolutely not least, were some of our volunteer team from our first decade. These are the ones who have faithfully served at The Well and helped to make it what it is today:
- The administrative team – responding to phone referrals, helping with finance and general administrative tasks (they’re called the hot house flowers by the warehouse team because they don’t like the cold!)
- The hardened warehouse team (the arctic cold of Everest wouldn’t touch them!). Weighing and sorting the food donations, making sure each item has a ‘With Love from Jesus Christ’ sticker on it (because we all need to know we are loved), packing the parcels for each day
- The delivery team – criss-crossing the City in the afternoons, dropping off parcels to those without food, in houses, flats, hostels, or those terrible phrases we hear so often ‘sofa surfing’ or of ‘no fixed abode.’
We shared our story, with the help of friends of The Well. We didn’t celebrate the need, as all of us would want to see our City in such a place of prosperity, & wholeness that projects such as The Well are not needed. We did celebrate 2 things:
- The love, kindness & faithfulness of God
- How we have seen this expressed through the generosity of so many people, including many of you reading this article. Our heartfelt thanks to each one of you!
For those of you who were not able to join us (we received so many good wishes from those who were unable to) do enjoy the photos, and keep an eye out for the 10 Year statistics in a future Latest News.