- About Us
- Well Fed
- Get Involved
- Are You In Need?
- Contact us
On August 4, 2013
Why Foodbanks Are Needed
For some it is still hard to believe that there really is food poverty in the UK in the 21st Century. The stories our team hear from the agencies we work with demonstrate that behind every referral statistic are precious people experiencing real difficulties.
Here are a few examples from July’s referrals:
- Survivor of human trafficking
- Multiple medical conditions
- Literacy problems resulting in a benefit claim being rejected
- Men moving from a hostel for the homeless to a halfway house
The Spirit of Generosity
One of the highlights of the day for the team is receiving the food donations and finding out where they have come from.As well as the faithful weekly/monthly donations from Churches across the City that underpin the project,we receive fabulous ‘one-offs’ from a wide variety of sources.
During July, these included:
- Councillors Coffee Morning at the Civic Centre
- Young People at Soul Survivor,Stafford
- Schools Human Resources Team
- Probation Service
For all who support The Well in any way, may the love of Christ continue to compel you (2 Corinthians 5v14)…to show His love through practical acts of kindness…and may you know this love for yourselves.
PS: If you like to donate food, don’t forget to check out our ‘Donate Supplies’ page for regular updates on current items we need.